Sunday, February 12, 2017

Claire's Blog Post 2/12 - The Concert + Getting Ready to say Goodbye

My host sister is in Nagisa's orchestra club. They meet every day, practicing for hours at a time. As an avid music lover, I was excited to see what they had in store for us. I was not disappointed.
The concert was composed of several middle and high schools from the Hiroshima area - each performed a song or two. Each song was incredibly long, intricate, and performed perfectly. As a previous bass player in a middle school orchestra, they put our performances to shame. Not once did I grow bored of the music - each song would grow intense, then soft, then liven up at a perfect pace. Had I not known who was playing, I would have assumed it was a professional orchestra.
After the performance, my family went to a conveyer belt sushi restaurant, and I admittedly ate much more sushi than I should have (what can I say - when in Rome, or, in this case, Japan). Throughout the night, I ignored the looming fact that I would have to leave tomorrow. It was not until we had got home and I got out of the ofuro (Japanese-style bath) that I was able to thank my family properly. We were all sad I had to leave, but we laughed nonetheless. This wasn't a time to be sad - it was a time to look back and be happy about what happened. We all made memories we will not soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment